Champagne Deutz was established in 1838 by William Deutz and Pierre Hubert Geldermann in the village of Aÿ.
In 1993 Deutz was purchased by the Louis Roederer group of companies but it has retained an autonimous identity both in its management and house style. Even today members of the Deutz family are involved with the management of the House.
Deutz sources its grapes from more than 190 hectares of vineyard, a large percentage of which belong to Deutz. The remainder come from growers some of whom Deutz has been working with for several generations. Deutz receives almost equal shares of grapes from the Montagne de Reims, Epernay, Cote des Blancs, and the Vallee de la Marne.
The overriding features of Deutz champagnes are elegance, finesse and complexity.